Re: Charging remote participants

2013-08-16 09:57:12
On 08/16/2013 09:38 AM, Janet P Gunn wrote:

...I want it from
> people who can't get approval for even a $100 expense, from people
> who are between jobs, people from academia, and even from just plain
> ordinary users rather than just vendors or big corps.

I agree.

The realities of internal politics/funding being what they are, it is sometimes going to be just as hard to get $100 "remote" fee approved as it as to get the whole f2f trip approved.
As someone who just spent $3.5K out of pocket to show up in Berlin, I have a hard time being sympathetic to someone who won't participate because he has to spend $100 out of pocket.

Keith