Re: Bruce Schneier's Proposal to dedicate November meeting to saving the Internet from the NSA

2013-09-06 11:01:29
Hi Vinayak,
At 01:13 06-09-2013, Vinayak Hegde wrote:
It is tragic if the community does understand strong encryption is essential in many cases (with the caveat that it is not a panacea for all security breaches) As for raising issues at the last-call. Why not ? The last-call is no different than any other mailing list discussion or going to the mic in a physical meeting. (Other than the urgency of having the last chance to comment ?)

The Last Call is different from going to the microphone in a physical meeting. Fancy speeches at the microphone are impressive. It takes more work to identify issues and explain why it is or can be a problem. Martin Sustrik asked: