Re: [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-prismatic-reflections-00.txt]

2013-09-22 03:07:06

On 22/09/2013, at 1:08 PM, Masataka Ohta
<mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp> wrote:

Mark Nottingham wrote:

Then, protocols not have any authoritative specification and
should never be standardized and there should be no central
authority to manage different versions of the protocols.

From a PRISM viewpoint, the cost of parsing different formats,
understanding different wire protocols, etc. is trivial.

That is a reasoning to deny the point of you:

: I draw the opposite conclusion, actually. With good standards,
; we can encourage a larger number of services to exist,
: raising the cost of monitoring them all.

So, denying the point, you agree with me.

I'm really not sure what you're getting at here, but I suspect we're not going
to convince each other. That's OK with me.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/