Re: [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-prismatic-reflections-00.txt]

2013-09-23 06:08:24
On 21 September 2013 06:02, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:
Hi Brian,

At 21:54 19-09-2013, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I got my arm slightly twisted to produce the attached: a simple
concatenation of some of the actionable suggestions made in the
discussion of PRISM and Bruce Schneier's call for action.

Thanks for writing the draft.  For the sake of disclosure [1], I know some
of the XSF members.

draft-carpenter-prismatic-reflections-00 mentions that:

  "Clearly, we have a lot of specification work ongoing in different
   areas that helps to mitigate various security vulnerabilities.
   This ranges from recent work on XMPP end-to-end security ...."

I recently read an article about XMPP (
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/05/google-abandons-open-standards-instant-messaging
).  From the article:

  "removes the option to disable the archiving of all chat communications"

What it removes is default disabling. It is still possible to disable
all archiving, you just have to do it for each chat.