Re: Last calling draft-resnick-on-consensus

2013-10-07 04:58:24

On 07/10/2013, at 4:45 PM, Pete Resnick
<presnick(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

I would be really disappointed by this. Indeed, my primary target was not at
all new or casual participants; it was really intended for the dedicated
folks and the chairs. I hope this is the start of a serious discussion in the
IETF, not a primer for how the IETF works at a high level. For newer folks,
I'm fine with the idea that some of this can be either incorporated into the
Tao or the newcomer's orientation, or separated into a smaller primer
document. But I really believe the long form is needed for real discussions
among folks in the community.

WFM; the Tao seems like a good first stop.

Thanks again,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/