Re: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

2013-10-18 10:53:24

The question of credit for WG chairs (and IESG AD members) has become
important for two reasons:

1) the Internet community has grown sufficiently that many significant
   people do not know many other significant people.
   A template acknowledgement section that mentions the chairs and AD
   would be useful.  Maybe the RFC-editor should simply put it in.
   (The orcid would be useful here)

2) the IETF has gotten younger as it has grown, and there has been
   attrition at the top.  Until very recently, most of the people occupying
   the roles of AD or even WG chair, were in the middle to end of careers
   that started in 1987.  The younger people need to have the
   credits for their next job.

I think that we should change things.  We have the data in the datatracker.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works