Re: Outstanding reviewers (was: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs)

2013-10-19 14:18:01
On Oct 19, 2013, at 15:04, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:

RFC authors get credit in the IETF system.  Reviewers don't get much credit
in the IETF system even though the system would not work without reviewers.

Not to contradict you at all (I like where you're going with this) but
I've noticed that the diligence with which authors maintain the
acknowledgements sections if their documents is quite variable.

I realise it's not structured data, but it's what we have; it would be
good, I think, if working group chairs, document shepherds and
responsible ADs asked specifically about the text in that section and
encouraged/reminded authors to make sure it is complete.

This does not get us where you infer we might be aiming, but I think
it would be a step in the right direction.

Joe