Re: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

2013-10-19 12:05:21
I don't think credit for assisting work should be out of acknowledge
section, and don't give credit in work for responsible duties given by
organisation in titles/position, preferred to give credit to full title
duties not per work/task. Preferred to give credit per work mostly to whom
made efforts without given titles but their only intention is better
document/work but still IESG may not acknowledge them or not understand the
vision :(

AB

On 10/19/13, Loa Andersson <loa(_at_)pi(_dot_)nu <javascript:;>> wrote:
Ted,

On 2013-10-18 23:10, Ted Lemon wrote:
The most useful comment I've heard on this thread is that it makes sense
to credit the working group chairs as well as the authors of a document
in
the document at the same level of emphasis.   And possibly the ADs as
well.   I don't know if this would make a difference, but it's
interesting, and might be worth the experiment.

Would this be an implementation of what you say (example built on
one of our recent RFCs)

Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)                           M. Chen
Request for Comments: 6829                  Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
Updates: 4379                                                     P. Pan
Category: Standards Track                                       Infinera
ISSN: 2070-1721                                             C. Pignataro
Responsible AD: A. Farrel, Juniper                              R. Asati
WG Chair/Shepherd: L. Andersson, Huawei                            Cisco
                                                             January 2013

                    Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping for
  Pseudowire Forwarding Equivalence Classes (FECs) Advertised over IPv6

Note: This is not a suggestion, just a question for clarification. And
if we want to do it "this way" it is not a layout proposal. If we do it
like this we would have a second level effect in capturing the
shepeherds, wg chairs and responsible ADs addresses in separate section
following the Authors Addresses.

/Loa

But really, the main thing to say about this conversation is that it's a
classic example of why the AD's job is so time consuming.   We have to
monitor these conversations, because otherwise we aren't doing the part
of
our job that involves listening to the IETF.   Having long bikeshed
discussions about the woeful brokenness of the AD's job over and over
again without any action proposed is expensive.

Most of what's been discussed here has been discussed by the ADs during
the recent IESG retreat, and substantial action was taken as a result of
the discussion at that retreat.   It might be interesting to see if any
of
what we discussed actually changes anything.

--

Loa Andersson                        email:
loa(_at_)mail01(_dot_)huawei(_dot_)com<javascript:;>