Re: Anonymous postings

I agree, but in this case the email address was obscure, the
content was irrelevant, and the tone was, at least to my eyes,
highly provocative. It was the sum of those three aspects that
set me off.

Right, but the point (for me) is the problem isn't anonymity
or pseudonymity per se, it's that the address was completely
unfamiliar.  This was someone who was not a "regular" IETF
participant and with no track record of technical participation
who immediately popped off with some ad hominem posts.

Melinda