Re: The first issue (was : A sort of council of elders for the internet)

2013-11-13 13:45:36
On 11/13/2013 02:08 PM, SM wrote:

[ snip ]
You and I arrived to the IETF through quite unusual paths.  A key

:-)

question is how everybody else happen to join in.  In particular, how
do companies decide who of their employees participates in IETF
activities, if any.

I don't know whether anybody would want to look into that.

I can't speak for anyone else, but every time my employer (for several
values of employer) has sent me to an IETF meeting it has been because I
was the one who was participating and asked to go.  My participation has
never started out as an employer directive.

-Andrew