Re: The first issue (was : A sort of council of elders for the internet)

2013-11-14 12:54:27
On 15/11/2013 03:20, Moriarty, Kathleen wrote:
I don't think it's the IETF's place to provide a policy back to companies on
who to send or how many people can attend.  This is a financial decision for
many companies.  The cost of the trip itself isn't the issue, but the
person's time for the week may be.

I completely agree. On the other hand, we could have a prominent
"equal opportunity" statement that would remind everybody, including
employers, that we want diversity among our participants. (And think
what fun we could have wordsmithing such a statement.)

   Brian