What "1net" is... (was: Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance)

2013-11-20 07:54:29
On Nov 20, 2013, at 8:13 AM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I've finally got somebody at the ICANN meeting to provide a straight response
about what 1net is, according to Adiel Akplogan it is a movement.not just an
email list.

Probably best to say an "open mailing list with aspirations of being a movement"
(a movement for folks who want to advance the objectives in the Montevideo
Statement
<http://www.internetsociety.org/news/montevideo-statement-future-internet-cooperation>)
If you want to join the mailing list, it's here:

There's a a bit excitement that has resulted from the appearance of the Brazil
Meeting on
scene, as it is a one-time event with the potential to address many of same
topics.  Brazil,
with awareness of the Montevideo Statement and "1net" initiative to advance
same, asked
for the very new  "1net" initiative to assist in planning with this meeting.
There are folks
from civil society, academia, and business sectors working to put folks a
"1net" steering
committee as fast as possible, and there is a need for similar representation
from the
Technical community.  If you want to help the 1net initiative along and
additional be
involved in a planning a conference on very challenging timelines, then
consider both
joining the mailing list and also volunteering on the list for being on the
initial 1net steering
committee.

Thanks!
/John

Disclaimer:  My views alone, although I am a Montevideo Statement signatory
personally
                    and on behalf of ARIN.