Re: Project Proposal: DNS Licensing Look UP - AntiSpam and IP licensing Lookup Additions as text records in DNS

2013-11-20 06:36:28
I agree private, intranet hosting systems have always been better at controlling its communications. I would be bias towards them since I have longed develop and sell such systems.

But I'm not sure Facebook, G+, LinkedIn and the like are good examples since they are shifting their form of "spam" to embedded online streams -- ads. And today, with the lesser real estate (small device displays), injection of ads is now part of the normal viewing (eyeballs) stream. This is just as annoying as email spam and even then its a "new normal" to see these spams/ads in your notification email streams by some of these larger market vendors.

In a related trend, I just read a story regarding a new mobile app that will now show ads in to your locked (idle) mode screen If you swipe one way, you get interest. Swipe another way, you can skip it. Go figure. It wouldn't be for me, but it goes to show of the mindset change with newer generation of users and vendors. It is becoming more acceptable, a "new normal" including with the vendors to allow this.

The problem with the trust model is that it could not be persistent nor consistent unless everyone across the board was centralized with the same trust information. We get the "batteries required" problem when protocols require 3rd party trust affiliations as part of the proof of concept. The attempts have not worked well, if at all, in practice. DKIM was a huge investment and it has had zero payoff in my book.

--
HLS