Re: Project Proposal: DNS Licensing Look UP - AntiSpam and IP licensing Lookup Additions as text records in DNS

2013-11-20 10:53:40
On Nov 20, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
As for eliminating ads, please point to the track record of success for an
alternative approach in the real world, at scale. Every imaginable other
model has been tried.  Successes have been few and limited.

This is news to me.   Someone has released a user-friendly email solution based
on SMTP or some other protocol that supports friending and does not deliver
mail from non-friends?

If you mean whitelisting, I haven't seen a good implementation of this, and
furthermore it's not precisely the same thing.

I agree that resolve is the problem, and that it is a real and significant
problem.