Re: FUSSP inherent barriers (was Re: Project Proposal: DNS ...)

2013-11-20 11:25:02
On Nov 20, 2013, at 12:05 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
People have done all manner of closed email services, over the years. They
work in small groups of folk, who have no interest in dealing with the larger
world.  Serendipitous contact by new and unknown folk is an integral part of
living in the real world.  Allow in new folk easily and you allow in bad folk
too.

FoaF and common interest groups are great ways to deal with those kinds of
contacts.

Anyway, we should stop arguing about this on the IETF mailing list.   If I had
time I'd be hacking on this, not talking about it.