Re: Project Proposal: DNS Licensing Look UP - AntiSpam and IP licensing Lookup Additions as text records in DNS

2013-11-19 18:09:04
On Nov 19, 2013, at 5:59 PM, Mark Andrews <marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org> wrote:
If you don't want spam the first thing you need to do is make it
illegal to send unsolicted commercial email both from within a
country to anywhere and to the country regardless of where it is
sent from.

We have an existence proof that this is the wrong way to approach the problem:
the RIAA and the MPAA.   The disaster this has wreaked upon the Internet is
biblical in proportion.   More laws about content on the Internet is the last
thing we need.

A much better solution to this would be at layer five, by just refusing
unmoderated email from people you don't know.   We already have the protocol
tools to do this—what we lack are implementations.