Re: Project Proposal: DNS Licensing Look UP - AntiSpam and IP licensing Lookup Additions as text records in DNS

2013-11-19 18:47:39
On Nov 19, 2013, at 7:27 PM, Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)isdg(_dot_)net> wrote:
Perhaps because they wouldn't/doesn't/hasn't work well or not at all.  Did
you really mean unmoderated or unsolicited?  Both?

We all get email that's from mailing lists.   That's moderated (one hopes).
And we get email from people we know or have business relationships with.

I think the primary reason it doesn't work well is that nobody actually tries
to make it work, because we all assume that email includes unsolicited email
from nice people.   At some point we are going to have to follow the lead of
Facebook, G+ and LinkedIn and solve the "unsolicited contact from nice
strangers" some other way.

But as Dave says, Cory's list of reasons why our solutions to the spam problem
won't work is worth reading.