Re: [rtcweb] Alternative decision process in RTCWeb

2013-12-02 10:10:39

<dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
    >> As merely one obvious example, people can simply be tired of the
    >> impasse and eagerly seek progress and be willing to settle on any
    >> mechanism they think will fairly break it -- even if it works
against
    >> the outcome they prefer.

    > The one tidbit you may be missing is that the working group
    > specifically chose not to do a coin toss.  So "willing to settle for
    > any mechanism" clearly doesn't apply in this case.

That tells me that the participants are not willing to live with losing and
move on, and so no voting process will work either.

[MB] Exactly. [/MB]

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software
Works