Re: I-D Action: draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis-04.txt

2013-12-05 09:05:45
Hi,

I am not advocating (or was) to add the anti-harassment policy here
(in fact I agree that it should not be here). I was advocating to add
some text that says that sexual, racial or other types of harassment
are not welcome in the IETF. So far the code has 4 mayor bullet
points:

1. IETF participants extend respect and courtesy to their colleagues
      at all times.

2. IETF participants have impersonal discussions.

3. IETF participants devise solutions for the Internet that meet the
      needs of diverse technical and operational environments.

4. Individuals are prepared to contribute to the ongoing work of the
      group.

IMHO the issue of harassment is not addressed here and it should be.
We do not need the whole policy here, just simple text. It may even
possible to link the the BCP on the anti-harassment policy. It would
create a dependency, but I think it is worth, otherwise the code seems
incomplete to me.

Nevertheless if you think that it is not a good idea, I can live with it.

Regards,
.as

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Jari Arkko