Re: I-D Action: draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis-04.txt

2013-12-18 16:04:39
Hello,
At 11:12 17-12-2013, Solarus wrote:
As a french reader of the IETF's lists, I strongly approve these words.
It's enough difficult for many people in the world to speak or write in
english when it's not their native langage.
And it's harder when people criticize you for doing mistakes.

Please be kind ;)

This is an individual comment.

The is a message from Brian Trammell which provides some background about the text relating to language ( http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/diversity/current/msg00289.html ).

The guidelines are not only about encouraging French (and other) readers to follow the IETF mailing lists; it is also about encouraging any reader irrespective of language to provide comments. As mentioned above it is difficult for many people who do not usually speak or write in English. Hopefully, that might be understood in future.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy