Re: Internet organisations coordination meeting

2014-02-16 09:59:12
I agree that "spokesperson" is not either the appropriate term. And leader
is far far away to be representative of their roles and positions.

True that on their role they "lead" the organizations they are involved
with but the Internet community does not follow them as *leaders*,
particularly the CEOs of some organizations such as ICANN, ARIN, etc, that
are just paid employees to play a specific executive role.

I'm really starting to dislike this effort of reverting the bottom-up
process by a group that is starting to behave like a dictatorial junta
making public statements that can be considered or interpreted as
representative of the Internet community and particular organizations such
as IETF.

They are no spokesperson, nor leaders, just they are what they are the CEO
of ICANN, the Chair of IETF, the CEO of ARIN, etc.

My .02
Jorge

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Ted Lemon