Re: Internet organisations coordination meeting

2014-02-16 16:39:22

The issue is not participation, engagement and cooperation which I consider
vital for a healthy and continuously development of the Internet. The issue
IMHO is the tag labeling of a group of individuals that perform on an executive
role and how the labeling and some statements are perceived and interpreted
particularly by mainstream media in a context where Internet Governance (widely
misinterpreted by itself ) is on the forefront nowadays.

You may not see it because you are in the midst of it. My concern is with the
"I* Leaders" label and how and where what you say can be easily taken out
context and grossly misinterpreted without exercising some restraint and better
choice of words.

I'm not against Jari and Russ participation and having them share what's going
on at IETF and explore opportunities for more and better cooperation.

I'd strongly recommend to get rid of the "I* Leaders" moniker.

Regards
-Jorge

On Feb 16, 2014, at 2:38 PM, John Curran <jcurran(_at_)istaff(_dot_)org>