RE: draft naming was RE: anti-harassment procedures

2014-02-20 15:31:54
Oh, whatever, Lloyd.

I use the datatracker to search for documents by author. A nice tool generally
available without subscription.

I also format document names roughly according to recommendations so that there
is only one nametag in the file name.

If this is the most significant thing I do wrong this year, I shall revel in it.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk
[mailto:l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 20 February 2014 21:23
To: jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk;
presnick(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com
Subject: draft naming was RE: anti-harassment procedures

An annoying trend:

                   IETF Anti-Harassment Procedures
                   draft-farrresnickel-harassment-00

should have been farrel-resnick

             Opportunistic Encryption in MPLS Networks
          draft-farrelll-mpls-opportunistic-encrypt-00.txt

should have been farrel-farell

When trying to locate drafts by author name, or pick up on primary authors for
indexing, or indicate drafts from memory, this cutesiness really doesn't help.
Cut
it out, Adrian.

If you don't actually want your name on a draft (and the need for anonymous
draft submission seems as if it could be useful?) 'Smithee,' as used by film
directors, seems a reasonable thing to adopt.

Alan Smithee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Smithee=