Re: draft naming was RE: anti-harassment procedures

2014-02-20 18:04:35
On 21/02/2014 12:15, John C Klensin wrote:
I've often wished that the submission tool would check a table
for a small number of organizational tags (ietf, iab, etc.) and,
if the first string after "draft-" didn't appear there, check it
against the first author name.

Why only the first author? I don't think that restriction is called
for.

It would be fairly easy to
verify that "draft-ietf-" was followed immediately by a
short-form WG name too.

I believe that is already checked, since draft-ietf-*-00 drafts have to
be approved by a WG Chair, and that case is detected automatically.

   Brian

If documents that didn't satisfy those
criteria went to manual posting and required an explanation to
the secretariat, I think the cutesiness would mostly stop in a
hurry.  If would also stop "draft-<made-up-organization>-..."
which, IMO, would be a real service to the community.

    john