Re: A private club

2014-02-28 17:30:49
On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf(_at_)elandsys(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I am not comfortable stating that there is consensus on an Internet-Draft
when participation is from a small number of individuals having some
affiliation in common.  That creates an appearance of a private club.

I understand what you're saying here, but I think if we were to establish
rules that demand a non-small number of diverse individuals for anything to
get published, we would be a lot less able to make progress on much of
anything than is the case now.  I'm sure we would all prefer more obvious
consensus and diversity, but sometimes we have to go with what we can
muster.  It's definitely a worthwhile compromise, in my opinion.

-MSK