Re: IETF working language

2014-03-09 12:20:34
On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Ted Lemon
<ted(_dot_)lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:
I can't speak for other IETFers, but I am keenly aware of the unfairness of
the current situation.   But the only thing I know how to do to fix it is to
help people for whom english is not their first language to participate in
english anyway.   There is a lot of interest within the IETF in doing
this--it's not just me.

I agree. Maybe we could start with a list of habits for which native
English speakers should not engage so that non-native speakers can
more readily understand the conversation. Such as, but not limited to:
- do not mumble at the microphones.
- do not speak fast.
- do not use cultural references as a replacement for meaningful prose
- do not use uncommon words

Just a suggestion.

-andy