Re: IETF working language

2014-03-20 15:10:46

On Mar 8, 2014, at 5:02 PM, mohammed serrhini <serrhini(_at_)mail(_dot_)ru>
wrote:

yes it is true, people who have English as a third language have many
problems to follow another person with English is native

Agreed. That said, and you might be a better person to comment on this than I,
what I observe among ESL participants is that they struggle enough with English
from a native speaker, and struggle more with English from another ESL speaker
from a different part of the world. Constructions that make a native speaker
think hard are impossible for other-ESL.

I’m not sure where this thread is headed. If it is in general a plea for people
to use short sentences, avoid commas and the word “and”, and in general use the
generally-accepted grammar, I’m in favor.