Re: how do we make the IETF working language work?

2014-03-11 09:58:35
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Lemon" <ted(_dot_)lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com>
To: "t.p." <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com>
Cc: "John Levine" <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>; <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2014 9:58 PM
On Mar 9, 2014, at 5:16 PM, t.p. <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com> wrote:
Any ideas?

It's been discussed.   I don't know how likely the problem is to get
solved in the short term, but you are not the only person who has
noticed it, and the desire to address is it keen indeed, so there is at
least some hope.

<tp>

My preference would be to be able to edit the text - since that is the
easiest to read and scan - into what is hopefully better English.
Utilities exist that compare old and new text and highlight the changes,
and are quite smart about resynchronising old and new where the changes
are substantial.

The next step would be to add 'accept change', 'reject change ' or 'use
this text instead' option to create revised text, and then a further
step to reverse that back into the XML.  But I won't hold my breath:-)

Tom Petch