Re: [saag] Last Call: <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-01.txt> (Opportunistic Security: some protection most of the time) to Informational RFC

2014-08-06 00:16:19

On 6 aug 2014, at 04:26, Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

Use DANE without DNSSec, and calling it opportunistic probably makes
sense.  Using it with DNSSec and it doesn't.

The devil is in the details. I think we disagree on the meaning of the word
"opportunistic", and the evaluation of whether you are lucky enough.

Personally, I think that as fragile the current CA system is, I think DANE
without DNSSEC is more stable and better than the current CA system. And better
than self-signed-certs that one "just accept" (which happens quite a lot).

   Patrik