Re: Individual submission

2014-08-06 17:02:37
On 8/6/2014 12:43 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:
There were issues and, in my personal opinion, they were resolved.  I
don't consider it as a problem if the same issues are raised during a
Last Call.

SM,

The issue I raised is quite specific:

     To have an individual submission in IETF Last Call and to respond
to a concern by saying that previous (pre-LC) discussions on a
non-working group mailing list reached consensus on the topi and that
the matter is therefore closed -- this, I claim, is not reasonable IETF
process.

As with your document, I did RFC 5598 as an individual effort over 5
years, with extensive community feedback and revision, along the lines
of an informal rough consensius process, including some points winning
that went against my own preferences.  I'm not challenging the benefit
of those earlier discussions.  I'm challenging a claim that their having
happened precludes visiting issues during IETF LC for an individual
submission.

d/

--
Dave Crocker