Re: IETF-91 Question - Hilton Hawaiian village construction and resort fee

2014-08-11 09:45:12
So, it seems then that the primary concern with regards to construction
would be with any of the rooms in the area of the construction. There is
actually very little information on the Hilton website - it simply states:
*Construction is taking place on the northeast corner of the resort. Work
is limited to 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday.*

However, I looked at booking on AAvacations to see what the rate would be
for both the airfare and hotel and the only rooms available were
Construction View, with the following detail was provided: "The Façade is
being refurbished."  I interpret that to mean that there will scaffolding
on the building (and possibly workers outside your windows on Friday).

It's possible the IETF room block does not include the construction view
rooms, but my guess is that wouldn't be the case based upon how most hotels
do things.  So, can we ask the hotel to NOT put IETFers in these rooms?
Or, is each person just going to have to insist that their room not be in
the NorthEast corner?  While I spend little time in my room, the view from
the room could likely to be a large part of what some of us see of the
island.

Thanks,
Mary.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Ray Pelletier <rpelletier(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org>