Re: IETF-91 Question - Hilton Hawaiian village construction and resort fee

2014-08-11 16:21:39
On 8/11/2014 8:49 AM, Mary Barnes wrote:
    We are going to a location to get work done (or, at least, that's what
    I was led to believe), not hang out on a beach or sit in your hotel
    room, sipping Mai Tai's.

[MB] Right, which is why we *really* should get away from arranging
meetings at resort locations (e.g., Orlando during one of their busiest
weeks of the year).  [/MB]

Unfortunately, the recent survey that was taken gave the highest
rankings to popular tourist destinctions, including one or more that are
far from almost all regular IETF participants.  It's almost as if asking
a collectionon of well-funded folk where they'd like to go would
encourage their choosing popular vacation spots.

In any event -- or rather, in the IETF event, with such enthusiastic
community preference, those popular choices are like to be... chosen.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking