In fairness to the IAOC [was:... construction and resort fee]

2014-08-11 17:39:10
On 12/08/2014 09:59, Adrian Farrel wrote:
getting IETF management to believe it (or, rather,
believe that it matters).  Perhaps you can have more success that I have
had over recent years.

The IAOC is mainly appointed by NomCom or by people who are, themselves,
appointed by NomCom.

Which means that the IAOC, and the people who appoint them, tend
to come from the better financed part of the IETF. All the same,
from my own experience some years ago, the IAOC has to balance a
large number of factors in choosing locations, and the choice is
always over-constrained. It's therefore pretty much guaranteed that
some people will be unhappy or very unhappy with the choice.

The best the community can do is give the IAOC a set of criteria.

Whatever happened to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria ?

   Brian