Re: Review of: Opportunistic Security -03 preview for comment

2014-08-15 18:44:26

On Aug 15, 2014, at 4:38 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

It never occurred to me -- and I don't believe I have seen community support
for the idea -- that no encryption is reasonable to count as a form of
encryption.

We could discuss ESP-NULL. While I would not agree that it is a form of
encryption, it is a defined algorithm with respect to IPsec ESP. It is usually
discussed in the context of authentication, as a replacement for ESP-AH.