Re: Substantial nomcom procedure updates (Was: Re: Consolidating BCP 10 (Operation of the NomCom))

2014-09-16 11:50:09
On 15/09/2014 23:55, Mary Barnes wrote:
The reality is that large companies can afford to have large numbers of people participate and attend IETF meetings (and thus qualify as voting members of nomcom) as well as the ability to fund an employee to do nearly full time work in leadership positions at the IETF.

This is becoming less true, particularly the latter statement about I* funding. There is a significant transition going on in our industry both in terms of the perceived importance of the IETF vs other forums and discretionary funding available to support senior staff on activities other than direct product creation.

- Stewart