Re: Substantial nomcom procedure updates (Was: Re: Consolidating BCP 10 (Operation of the NomCom))

2014-09-17 11:53:42
At 10:52 AM 9/17/2014, Loa Andersson wrote:

While I agree that "country" is a bad idea, I can#t but reflect on that
it is not that long ago that we decided on "two per company" has really
anything changed since then?

"not that long ago" => 10+ years or about 35% of the lifetime of the IETF ago.
I forget when the process constructively changed, but it was definitely in
place for the 2004 nomcom selection (publication date of 3777).

And yes, things have changed.

Mike