Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

2014-10-04 04:00:43
Avri,

We all feel the pain of *overall* time and cost related to the work we do at
IETF, ICANN, W3C, IEEE… but as others have noted, registration fees are not
necessarily the biggest contributor in that. But I did want to respond to this:

Isn't the Internet Society able to adequately support the IETF?  I
thought that was one of its primary missions.

I do not speak for ISOC, but: they *are* adequately supporting the IETF, yearly
over 2M$. It is their primary mission. And I want to thank them for this, not
everyone always remembers how big their contribution is. The IETF needs ISOC,
the Internet needs ISOC. Thank you.

However, it does not mean that we can increase our support request without
limits.

Jari