Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

2014-10-04 04:03:57
Carsten,

It is also hard to belabor because we don’t really have data.
Clearly, Minneapolis, Berlin, Prague etc. were inexpensive,

Data point: when I check the Minneapolis Hilton for the IETF dates I get the
229$ rate, whereas in Honolulu I pay 185$. I know, one is negotiated, the other
one isn’t, and there’s travel cost to be involved. FWIW, Minneapolis is a
horrible destination for me due to the limitations on what airlines fly there.
I keep repeating “Vancouver” whenever people say “Minneapolis”. I’ll say it
again: Vancouver is a nice city :-)

So my summary is:
— let this one through,
— but don’t stop thinking about we can avoid this becoming a never-ending
ratchet;
— but more importantly invest some more energy in containing the explosion of
total meeting attendance cost.

Excellent summary. And I think this is exactly what we intend to do.

Jari