Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

2014-10-06 12:32:29
I have mixed feelings about remote participation. I think we can do a lot
better on tools, but at
the end of the day there's huge value to having people in the same room (and
in the hallway, and
going out to dinner).

Of course.  The question is whether the alternative to remote
participation is spending the money to come in person, or not to
participate at all.  It is my data-free impression that it's more
often the latter than the former.

We want as many well qualified people to work on IETF documents as we
can, so there shouldn't be any conflict between making it easier to
show up in person and making it easier to work remotely.

R's,
John