Re: Ever-more-steep barriers

2014-10-03 20:02:31
Hi Brian,
At 17:14 03-10-2014, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Why is this especially relevant to new participants? Actually I would
expect them to focus on their primary topic at first, until they
are accustomed to the IETF world.

"New" is relative. I left it undefined, i.e. it could be one year of meeting experience or X years. I was trying to get an opinion about whether there has been a change [1][2] in (cross-area) participation over time, i.e. people following other areas in addition to their primary topic (re. see above expectation).

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg73068.html
2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg73070.html