Re: Ever-more-steep barriers

2014-10-03 19:14:26
On 04/10/2014 12:44, S Moonesamy wrote:

The argument for the week-long meeting is that it is to encourage
cross-area participation.  Has that happened in practice [1]?
1. I mean whether there is cross-area participation from new people.

Why is this especially relevant to new participants? Actually I would
expect them to focus on their primary topic at first, until they
are accustomed to the IETF world.

For existing participants it happens all the time. The Ops Area
BOF/WG proposal I am involved in is being discussed very actively
in the Internet Area and has significant links to the Security Area.
I could name an Internet Area BOF where much of the relevant
knowledge is in the Transport Area. That's business as usual.

   Brian