Re: Ever-more-steep barriers

2014-10-05 19:56:18
On 04/10/2014 14:22, Mark Nottingham wrote:
I'll ask you how much notice would the developers and implementers require
for travel scheduling.

At least two months for the draft agenda; preferably three. Long-distance
airfares generally start rising in that period of time, and most people who
don’t do this for a living need to request and obtain permission to travel,
which can add weeks of delay.

Actually, even when I was mainly dedicated to standards work for a large
employer, I had to go through full approval processes for travel. It's certainly
true for development engineers. However, the best we can really expect is a
clear statement immediately after IETF N whether or not a particular WG will or
will not meet at IETF N+1 (and/or hold an interim at a specific place and date).
That makes it possible to write reasonably honest travel requests.

    Brian