Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

2014-10-07 11:24:06
FWIW, I think it is really important to be receptive to the implementor
community, and make sure that we can draw on their participation, be it for a
nanosecond on the mailing list, virtual attendance, attendance in an interim
meeting, attending a day at an IETF, or attending the full week. And some with
a lot of time to look at other things as well as their own, others with less.
People have different priorities, and we cannot expect everyone to fit one
model.

I take the point about schedule firmness early on. Obviously this is not easy,
but we will try. (One of the problems is that we’re overbooked; 127 requests
for 126 slots, and this time we have more slots than normally. This leads to
some rescheduling requests when there are conflicts. But the preliminary -91
agenda should be out any in a couple of days.)

Also, about John’s point on abandoning the ideal of working on mailing lists. I
do not think we have. But the size of projects differs, and Mark’s HTTP 2.0
project has been a big and important one. They discuss a lot on the list, but
also need some f2f time.

Jari