Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

2014-10-07 07:04:06

On Oct 2, 2014, at 12:25 PM, Mark Nottingham <mnot(_at_)mnot(_dot_)net> wrote:

I want developers and implementers to come to my meetings, not (just) people
who are the “regulars.”

Just picking two good developer conferences ... Both Google IO and Apple WWDC
cost more than IETF - and like IETF, the part many people are going for is
often one particular 3 hour session.

I want implementers to come - and many do - and I want them to be regulars
because I believe you get much better compromises when all the players are
repeat players. I'm pretty skeptical that doubling of halving our current
registration fee would material impact the number of people coming to the
meeting that are directly involved with implementing stuff.