RE: [IAOC] suggestion for the next IETFs

2014-11-07 08:20:33
      What's the URL for this page?

It would be really nice if we could avoid repeating the attendee visa
issues of this meeting in Dallas.  (I know of a number of ID authors/WG
participants who are unable to attend due to their visa's not coming
through in time.)

Much thanks,

 +1

One more suggestion is that please, if possible, re-consider holding any event
at Honolulu. I understand that this is a tourist attraction place in the US and
many folks are glad to have meeting on such place but unfortunately it appears
that the chance of getting visa for this place is less than other places in the
US ( I do not know the reason because once you get visa you can travel any
place in the US but...).

Last suggestion is that if there is upcoming event close to IETF like election,
etc. please avoid to have IETF in that country and change the location to other
countries. Usually the date of election are almost predefined and known. This
really impact the visa process because the governments usually do not like many
tourist or external people at the country during elections and pause the visa
processes until this event finishes. This was true for IETF this time.

Thanks again
Best,
Hosnieh