Re: [IAOC] suggestion for the next IETFs

2014-11-07 08:29:47
On 10/30/2014 7:58 AM, Donald Eastlake wrote:
Note that this is sometimes restricted by national law. I believe if
the IETF were to meet in Switzerland, it would be illegal to issue a
Letter to be used as the basis for a visa application to anyone who
has not already actually paid their registration fee for the meeting.

Simple goal:  We want folks to be able to attend.  Everything else flows
from this goal.

If someone needs a visa, we want them to be able to get it.  Figure out
a reasonable amount of time to permit visa processing, and offer the
letter from that time.

If there are constraints on issuing letters, satisfy the constraints.
As an example, there is no inherent reason we cannot open registration
farther in advance.

If...

d/

--