Re: on recurring favourite locations for November IETF meetings

2014-11-11 14:13:42
On Nov 11, 2014, at 9:09 AM, Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net> wrote:
Other than this being the specific reason for exlcuding Malaysia, while
I was on the IAOC, I don't recall any serious analysis of visa issues
over the last 4 years within the IAOC's meetings committee.  We worry
about violence and price and facilities and geography and other tidbits,
but I don't recall visas being a factor.

I'm not finding a comparison service online, that analyzes these
patterns, but it could/should be worth finding one.

We need to be careful to be pragmatic about this, which means neither
ignoring it nor demanding perfection...

I really don't think it's even possible to make predictions about this.   The
best policy is for attendees to be pessimistic rather than optimistic about
visa processing times, and for the IETF to make it possible for them to act on
that pessimism.