Re: on recurring favourite locations for November IETF meetings

2014-11-11 13:51:05
So returning to the core point, if we are aware that key participants,
document authors, people with substantive contributions can't come solely
because of visa issues, The primary response does seem to me to be, to
select a destination they can handle.

Can I ask if the economies like HK or SG or dare I say it TW or JP or KR
would in fact, be better for these communities?

What I'm trying to do is ask which specific economies would work well for
the problem.

I understand it would create its own second-effect problems. I understand
the IETF is magic super plus unicorn strength and so can't use the
conference venues in these economies because doge because weekend because
cookies because dislike because bulgogi because waaa but I am trying to
understand what the current disaffected community might want, so I can
weigh up the consequences.

Thats the side of this equation I don't understand.

Or Dubai. I mean Emirates fly everywhere. If we met in Dubai, would enough
of the un-present be able to be present? Or do we just trade a US visa
application problem for an 'I am a shiite iranian and I can't get into this
economy because they are sunni and hate me' problem?

(I don't want to meet in Dubai. I actually would love to meet in
Minneapolis but I am perhaps fringe)

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 8:44 AM, joel jaeggli <joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com>