Re: Last Call: <draft-secretaries-good-practices-06.txt> (IETF Working Groups' Secretaries) to Best Current Practice

2014-12-07 16:22:42
So it should be possible to reach agreement on text changes that
would take this tone out of your reading.

I actually do not think that it should be published at all, as
I don't think it solves any problem that the IETF is currently
experiencing and I tend to think that it might lead to further
ossification of the organization.  That is to say, I think
that the cost/benefit balance does not work out in favor of
publication.

i agree.  i will not add a bunch of sarcastic analogies about
more bureaucratic bumph we just don't need.

i also agree with your suspicion that this is an attept to patch
a chairing problem.  one suspects possible iesg unwillingness to
bite bullets.

rabdy