Re: Strong objection to draft-ietf-WG-*.all noise levels

2015-02-10 08:11:56

On 2/10/15 2:56 AM, Eggert, Lars wrote:
Hi,

On 2015-2-9, at 23:49, Pete Resnick
<presnick(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:
The IESG, in part at the behest of the community, wanted to (by default) make
sure that IESG ballots were copied to the WG mailing list instead of being a
private conversation between the authors, the chairs, and the IESG, invisible
to anyone else in the community.
and that's a fine motivation.

The implementation of this is the issue:

Now, the mechanism used to accomplish that (adding the WG to the .notify alias,
which in turn adds it to the .all alias) sends *all* notifications regarding a
document to the WG by default. Perhaps we want to change that.
I think we want to explicitly CC the list, so that mail filtering keeps working.
If I understand things correctly, the expansion I mentioned in point 5 of my earlier message accomplishes this part of what you are wanting (with To: rather than CC:, and is already deployed. If you are seeing mail today where that's not the case, please let me know.

Lars